The Fellowship provides opportunities for African researchers to conduct collaborative research / training for 1-6 months duration at universities and research institutions in India.
- Open to all African researchers in S&T
- Enable to undertake research work in India
- Monthly sustenance allowances
- Additional contingency grant
- To and fro air fare by economy class
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 31st July 2013
Types of Fellowship Offered
- Post Doctoral Fellowship : Duration 6 months.
- Visiting Fellowship : Duration 3 months.
- Senior Fellowship : Duration 1 month.
The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
- Post Doctoral Fellowship : Ph.D
- Visiting Fellowship : Ph.D / M.Tech / M.Sc. (Engg / Technical) or 4 to 6 years research / teaching experience
- Senior Fellowship : Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors
Value of Awards
- Sustenance Allowance :
- Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses
- Visiting Fellowship : “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses”
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute's guest house with reasonable facilities / hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day).
- Contingency Grant :
To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines and other miscellaneous expenses, if any
- Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 20,000/-
- Visiting Fellowship : Rs 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 10000 + local travel grant(upto max.Rs.30000)
- Air Fare : A round trip air ticket by economy class
(Approximate conversion rate US $ 1 = Rs 50)
Selected applicants are required to finalize their duration of stay in India from Jan/Feb 2013 onwards under this fellowship in consultation with their respective host scientists and promptly inform FICCI through email at email@example.com